Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

1 civilian killed, 8 injured in Jalalabad explosion

1 civilian killed, 8 injured in Jalalabad explosion

By
On
Sep 13, 2017 - 17:39

JALALABAD (Pajhwok): One civilian was killed and eight others were wounded on Wednesday when a bomb went off inside a vegetable shop in the capital of eastern Nangarhar province, an official said.

The blast took place in Malocho Street in the jurisdiction of 4th municipal district of Jalalabad city, the provincial capital, at around 3pm, the governor’s spokesman said.

Attaullah Khogyani told Pajhwok Afghan News that it was a landmine blast that caused the casualties. The injured were evacuated to the zonal hospital in the city and all were said to be out of danger, said the official. He said the incident was being investigated.

Mohammad Nadar, an eyewitness, saw some wounded people at the scene. However, he said the area was cordoned off by police and no one was allowed to go near the area.

Meanwhile, Nangarhar zonal hospital director Dr. Ehsanullah Kamawal said one dead body and eight injured individuals had been delivered to the hospital. He didn’t identify the dead and injured people, saying some of the wounded were in critical condition.

There has been no claim of responsibility for the bombing.

sns/ma

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update